Everything you do affects your skin. Whether it’s where you live, your stress level, or even the food you eat, your skin will be impacted. Keeping a healthy skin care routine is obviously important, but taking care of your body and eating healthy foods will help keep your skin beautiful. Here are some good and bad foods for keeping your skin clear:
- Colorful Veggies: For a glowing complexion, add some leafy greens and some brightly colored veggies to your dinner plate. Red, yellow, and green vegetables are recommended because they are so rich in nutrients. These nutrients will help keep your skin looking young and healthy.
- Almonds: Almonds are packed with Vitamin E, which keeps your skin safe from harmful UV rays. Protect your skin from the sun with this healthy snack.
- Fruits: Fruits that are high in antioxidants can protect your skin cells from damage. Fruits like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and plums are full of antioxidants. Adding these fruits to your breakfast will help keep your skin looking young.
Don’t Eat This:
- Sugar: Diets that are high in sugar are known to cause acne. If you replace sugary foods with healthier sweets like fruits, your skin will thank you. Reducing sugar in your diet will promote clearer skin and help you feel healthier. It’s a win win!
- Dairy: If you find yourself eating a lot of dairy, you might notice more acne. Dairy is pumped full of a lot of hormones which can mess with your body and your skin! So, put down that glass of milk and pick up a glass of water instead.
- Greasy foods: This one sounds like an obvious one, but greasy foods can wreak havoc on your face. Even just from eating them, you get grease on your face which is not fun for your pores. These unhealthy options may be fast and easy, but it’s best to stay away.
- Carbs: Scientists have studied the effects of a carb-loaded diet on your skin, and noticed a trend. Carbs produce a jump in blood sugar levels, which can trigger acne. Avoid, carbs and avoid acne!
BONUS TIP: Don’t forget to drink water! Staying hydrated and drinking a healthy amount of water every day will do wonders for your skin. Always keep a bottle with you so you have no excuse.
A clean and healthy diet will help you to feel better and keep your skin clear. But, if you’re still having problems with acne and keeping your skin clear, our offices can help. Often times, acne is a medical condition which requires medication and treatments. But of course, eating healthy can’t hurt!